During the redevelopment of the Visitor Centre there are a number of pop up coffee vans, serving excellent coffee along with warm and cold food options available around the Historic Site.
Visitors through out the day can enjoy a wine or beer, tea or coffee and light refreshments including Devonshire Tea in the restored nineteenth century home of the Visiting Magistrate.
After exploring Port Arthur, or before your Ghost Tour, treat yourself to a tasty snack or warm meal at the Museum Coffee Shop located in the Asylum. Open from 9am daily until 8.00pm, and with the option of indoor or outdoor seating, the Museum Coffee Shop is ideal in all weather conditions. Enjoy espresso coffee, fresh cakes, delicious snacks and light meals accompanied by a glass of wine or a range of hot and cold drinks.
From 5pm our evening menu includes:
- Smokey local seafood chowder
- Crispy duck with Asian salad
- Keralan fish curry served with jasmine rice and warmed flat bread
- Pasta with tomato, anchovy, spinach and chilli
- Local Doo Town venison curry served with jasmine rice and warmed flat bread
- Tasmanian cheese platter
- Chocolate brownie with salted caramel sauce and vanilla ice cream
All dietary requirements are catered for and children’s meals availble, just ask our friendly staff.