In 2009 PAHSMA established a local community advisory committee to assist with our management of the Port Arthur and Coal Mines Historic Sites.
The aims of the Port Arthur Community Advisory Committee include the promotion and facilitation of an exchange of information between the Community and PAHSMA, and to provide an avenue for the Tasman Peninsula Community to discuss local issues, views and concerns.
Purpose of the Community Advisory Committee
- To improve the involvement and support of the local community in the management and conservation of the Port Arthur Historic Site and the Coal Mines Historic Site.
- To promote the exchange of information about, and raise awareness of, issues involving the local community and PAHSMA that involve the management and conservation of the Historic Sites.
- To facilitate communication between the Authority and the local community, and to provide a forum to exchange information relevant to PAHSMA issues and local community views and concerns.
- To give the local community an avenue to formally discuss local issues and to work towards identifying and resolving local concerns.
- To provide a mechanism, including helping to source funding, for the active participation of the local community in conservation and tourism actions and activities associated with the Historic Sites.
- To provide an equitable forum in which to allow all committee members to express the views and opinions of their representative groups.
The PAHSMA Board calls annually for nominations from interested individuals or representatives of groups who wish to contribute to the management and conservation of the Port Arthur and Coal Mines Historic Sites.
Examples of such groups and individuals might include:
- Business interests
- Tourism interests
- Local fishing interests
- Local Heritage interests (both natural and cultural)
- Local government
- Staff representative
- Any other person / interest group who can demonstrate a significant interest.
Download (.pdf 332KB)
Information – Call for Members 2017
Download (.pdf 317KB)
Port Arthur Historic Site Community Advisory Commitee Terms of Reference 2017