Multimedia learning and teaching resource
Key to Port Arthur Investigations is a rich multimedia education resource which can encompass all subject areas within the curriculum. It has been primarily designed for use in secondary schools but can be used, in part, at the upper primary level.
Unique and relevant
Key to Port Arthur Investigations can be used as a stand-alone resource or in conjunction with site visits and other resources. We are currently updating the curriculum links to reflect the Australian National Curriculum.
Select key Port Arthur lives
Key to Port Arthur Investigations uses more than an hour of video images and over 100 pages of original research material.
The program is linked to a purpose built website to allow students to select a key life from Port Arthur and follow that life through a series of tasks that make explicit links between the Port Arthur Historic Site and contemporary society. While based around the Port Arthur Historic Site and its history and inhabitants, the program has relevance across the range of curriculum areas.
If you require more information regarding Key to Port Arthur Investigations, please contact our Education Officer.
- Click on the Key to Port Arthur Investigations download link (below)
- Choose ‘SAVE’ when prompted in the dialogue box. The document will take approximately 30 – 40 mins to download.
- A window with many icons will appear, double click on the icon, ‘START’.
- A dialogue box will appear. Choose ‘EXTRACT ALL’ and follow the instructions, saving to your computer’s hard drive. This should take about 8 mins.
- Once this has been completed, a window will pop up with an assortment of files.
- Among the files should be a red icon, with a stylised ‘ds’ symbol. Double Click on this.
- A dialogue box will appear with a security warning. Click ‘Run’.
- Key to Port Arthur should begin automatically.
- PC/Mac compatible
- Adobe acrobat reader
- 256 Mb RAM
- Windows 98 / OS9 or later