From Saturday 29 June the new activity book ‘Hidden Stories’ will be available for young visitors to Port Arthur.
‘Hidden Stories’ is a great way for kids to explore the site and learn about Port Arthur’s history as they search for answers, complete puzzles and collect stamps.
Highlights of the ‘Hidden Stories’ book include:
- A colourful and child-friendly map of the Port Arthur site
- A range of activities to complete at 11 different stations
- Word puzzles which reveal the history of Port Arthur
- 3 stamps to be collected at different locations
- Images of people, places and objects associated with Port Arthur, as well as spaces for kids to draw their own illustrations
The activity book is free of charge and suitable for children aged 8-12. Ask for a copy at the ticketing desk when you arrive at the Port Arthur Visitor Centre.
School Holiday Fun at Port Arthur
Our range of fun, family-friendly activities returns for the July school holidays.
Visit the Port Arthur Education Centre during the school holidays to try out one of the hands-on activities. Make your own mini convict brick to take home, or perhaps a 19th century peg doll. You may also want to test your artistic skills by designing your own colonial wallpaper, or discover how people created moving images before film and television by putting together a 19th century fantascope.
Activities (included in the cost of site entry) will be available from Saturday 6 July until Sunday 21 July.