Registrations are now open for the Travelling Stories Conference.
We are pleased to announce that registrations for the Travelling Stories conference are now open!
Full registrations cover:
- October 10th: attendance at the opening evening event in Launceston
- October 11th: full day conference sessions in Launceston at The Tramsheds
- October 12th: day trip by coach from Launceston to Hobart via key places along the Midlands Highway (the World Heritage-listed Brickendon Estate; Ross; and either Bonorong Wildlife Sanctuary or Shene Estate)
- October 13th: full day conference sessions in Hobart at The Baha’i Centre for Learning (morning and lunch) and the Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery (afternoon)
- Morning tea, a light lunch and afternoon tea on October 11th, 12th and 13th.
An early bird rate will apply to registrations until August 31st. After August 31st all registration types will increase by $50.
Optional tours are available as follows:
- October 10th, Visit to Oura Oura in the Liffey Valley (numbers limited to 24) – $20.00. Download the brochure – see below.
- October 14th, Port Arthur Seminar, Port Arthur Historic Site (numbers limited to 50) – $50.00. Download the brochure – see below.
Instructions for Registering
Registrations are being handled through the Port Arthur Historic Site’s ticketing system. It normally handles site visit bookings so its terminologies might seem a bit unfamiliar; all registration types will be treated as ‘Tours’.
Please read these instructions carefully before registering – when you do start a registration you may wish to right-click on the registration page link below and open the ‘Book Online’ page in a new browser tab; this will allow you to keep these instructions open while you book they are also available as a pdf file – see below).
Please note that a separate booking must be made for each person attending the conference; the only exception is that one additional ticket per person may be purchased for the conference dinner.
Click on the registration page link below
Select the ‘tour’ type from three options:
- Full conference
- Single day – Hobart
- Single day – Launceston
The page will refresh and you will be asked to enter a ‘Commences’ date. Use the calendar to select,
- For the full conference option – October 11th
- Single day, Hobart – October 13th
- Single day, Launceston – October 11th
The page will refresh and you will need to select a ‘Fare’ (i.e. a registration type).
If you are not a member of either IA or ASHA you will need to identify as an ‘Associate’; this is for full accounting purposes after the conference has concluded.
Select ‘1’ from one of the appropriate drop-down boxes on the right hand side of the screen for the registration ‘fare’.
Select the general options (tours and dinner) that you wish to purchase. Please note that the concession rate for the dinner can be confirmed only when proof of concession/student status is provided. Each person registering may purchase one additional conference dinner ticket; places are limited because of venue size.
Once all selections are made click on the ‘Add to Cart’ button.
The screen will refresh to the ‘Customer Details’ page. Please enter your details including any dietary requirements in the ‘Notes’ box.
Once you have entered and submitted payment details the system will send you an email with an itemised receipt.
After completing a registration the system will allow you to return to the opening screen to make another booking if you need to register more than one person.
To begin your registration please click the link below:
If you experience any problems with the system please contact us through the email@example.com email address.
Details of other post-conference options for October 14th, that will be free-of-charge on presentation of your conference name badge, will be announced shortly.
Download (.pdf 349KB)
INSTRUCTIONS FOR REGISTERING
Download (.pdf 378KB)
Pre-conference tour – Oura Oura
Download (.pdf 421KB)
Post-conference tour – Port Arthur Seminar